April 12th, 1854 Dear Journal,
Up here in the Upper Cowlitz is like Paradise. It is warm this time of year. Pretty soon I'm going with my family to pick berries from the top of the mountain. It is a long climb but I think I can do it. Earlier today me and my family harvested wapatoe. That's a type of Indian potato. We also harvested camas bulbs. Well I got to go were just about to leave to pick some berries.
From,
Dichali
April 12th, 1854
Dear Journal ,
Sorry I could ed write for so long, it has been so busy. Also my father told me what my name means. Dichali means speaks a lot. I was kind of offended, but I kind of talk a lot. Also picking berries from the mountains was pretty fun. The view was amazing! My mom let us stay up in the mountain for a little stake out. It was fun. I wish it lasted.
From,
Dicali
September 24, 1854
Dear Journal,
It is getting colder here now. All the fun has ended. Once I had to fish in a frozen stream next to our house. Well I better get cofrtible cause I'm problem going to do this a lot more. Right now we are in our cozy long house. My mom is is cooking the fish now. Our house is super long! Many families plus mine are in here.
From,
Dicali
No comments:
Post a Comment